Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 2010 20:40:18 -0400
From:      Greg Larkin <glarkin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Grant Peel <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why am I getting mail rejects?

Grant Peel wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I asked this a few days ago, and did not get a response.
>
> I have this in my /etc/periodic.conf:
>
> constellation# more periodic.conf
> # 460.status-mail-rejects
> daily_status_mail_rejects_enable="NO"                  # Check mail rejects
> daily_status_mail_rejects_logs=0                        # How many logs
> to check
> daily_status_mail_rejects_shorten="NO"                  # Shorten output
>
> And have chnaged this in my /etc/defaults/periodic.conf:
>
> # 460.status-mail-rejects
> daily_status_mail_rejects_enable="NO"                   # Check mail
> rejects
> daily_status_mail_rejects_logs=3                        # How many logs to
> check
> daily_status_mail_rejects_shorten="NO"                  # Shorten output
>
> And am still getting all the reject mail data showing in my daily periodic
> output.
>
> I am using FreeBSD 8.0 p#3
> The mta is Exim 4.69_4 built from ports.
>
> What am I doing incorrectly? Why am I still getting all the mail reject log
> lines in my daily periodic output?
>
> -Grant

Hi Grant,

Please capture the output of the following command and post it somewhere
for viewing.  This will display all of the shell commands executed by
the periodic script, and it may help someone here troubleshoot the problem.

sh -x /etc/periodic/daily/460.status-mail-rejects

Regards,
Greg
- --
Greg Larkin