Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:07:18 +0100
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>
To:        Olivier Houchard <cognet@ci0.org>
Cc:        ?yvind Rakv?g <rakis@online.no>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SB Live goes silent after pcm commit

On 2003-02-26 01:49:14 (+0100), Olivier Houchard <cognet@ci0.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 11:13:23PM +0100, ?yvind Rakv?g wrote:
> > I believe the commit Feb 20 17:31:11 2003 UTC on
> > src/sys/dev/sound/pci/emu10k1.c broke something.
> >
> > With a kernel built from 17:00 sources sound works, from 19:00 there is
> > only the sound of silence. Everything looks OK, xmms, mpg123 etc play,
> > but no sound.
> >
> > The pcm driver is compiled into the kernel, i haven't tested loading as
> > module.
>
> Could you please try the attached patch (to be applied in
> /sys/dev/sound/pci).

Patch seems to work.  My sound appears to work again.  I'm using the module
though, and not the compiled-into-the-kernel version Øyvind is using.  I don't
suppose there's much difference between the two?

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
philip@paeps.cx                                       subscribed to the list.

  Never say "oops" after you have submitted a job.