Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 1996 16:54:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is FreeBSD a good baseline for RPC source?

I'd like to port RPC over to BeOS for purposes of building NFS and other
RPC services on it.  I know the original Sun RPC source code is available
on UUnet, but I'd like to know if FreeBSD's version has any notable bug
fixes or performance enhancements over the Sun reference version.
Similarly, would NetBSD, OpenBSD, or Linux provide any advantages or
disadvantages as a baseline source code over FreeBSD or Sun's version?

Thanks in advance!  Feel free to reply to me privately if you don't feel
this is an appropriate topic for the general FreeBSD hackers list.

-- Jake