Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:26:51 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@highperformance.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why no Indians and Arabs?

>It seems no one has come close to adressing Greg's question, save the
>quick and common response that demographics have no bearing on
>anything.  Somehow now we are talking of IE 5.0.
>
>I was actually looking forward to someone saying something like, there are
>few computers in Arab lands. Or perhaps, computers are eyed with suspicion
>in my home country.  It would have been interesting.  Something that would
>expose issues as to, "Why no Indians and Arabs?"

   Umm, but the assumption was wrong - there are both Indian and Arab
developers working on FreeBSD. His question was based on false assumptions,
so I don't know that there is anything to really talk about. :-)

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
President, TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.