Date:      Sat, 11 Oct 1997 15:41:49 -0700
From:      Jonathan Mini <mini@d198-232.uoregon.edu>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LINUX emulation and uname(3).

I have a question : How are these programs using the uname to detect if it's a
linux system? are they jsut checkign to see that 'linux' exists in the uname
string?
If so, it seems to me that returning something like
'Linux-emu (FreeVBSD blah.blah.blah)' would be a good solution. Also, this
 means that programs like Netscape (linux binary) would properly return the
fact that it is running under linux emulation under FreeBSD.

Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au> stands accused of saying:

--
Jonathan Mini 					Ingenious Productions
Software Development				P.O. Box 5693,