Date:      Fri, 09 May 97 11:28:19 -0500
From:      New User <stefan.veith@mail.online-club.de>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:    Additional information

-- [ From: New User * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

In yesterday's mail I wrote to you about not being able to make my CD-ROM
run. Actually, this is no loonger the problem: I could install FreeBSD from
CD-ROM and I could mount the device. But whwnever I turn the computer off or
"reset" it, the device is no longer found, neither by doing changes in the
configuration menu, nor by booting from a boot disk: at 0x340h, my CD-ROM is
not found.  What is to be done there? Do I have to compile a new kernel? Or
can't I turn the computer off anymore ;-) ?

I hope you will help me because FreeBSD appeared to me as a very good
operating system.