Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 1996 09:03:57 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Tony Kimball <alk@Think.COM>
To:        nate@sri.MT.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Missing Memory & shrinking drives (the moral)

  The Moral of the story is:
  "Never post a small description of a problem when you know a complete
  expert in the field is lurking in the wings." :)

Quite the contrary.  The moral of the story is that unless you post
your own knowledge, partial or mistaken though it may be, it is
unlikely that an expert will ever post to correct errors or fill in
gaps, and as a result we all are less educated.  Your less complete
posting on the subject was the message which prompted the more complete
reply, and thus you bear partial responsibility for the more complete
reply as well, for which I thank you as well as its poster.

It is often humbling to be educated.  It should never be humiliating.