Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 2017 11:02:07 +0100
From:      David Chisnall <theraven@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>
Cc:        Johannes M Dieterich <jmd@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] future of drm1 in base

On 3 Sep 2017, at 06:31, Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com> wrote:
>=20
> Thanks for the heads up Johannes. I currently have three machines that =
each=20
> run ATI r128, mach64 and the last one an mga card. I normally use my =
i945=20
> and i915 laptops (mostly the former) but on occasion I may fire up X =
on one=20
> of the other three. Having a drm-legacy port in the tree would benefit =
to=20
> me.

It=E2=80=99s been quite a while since I used any of these (though much =
of the list is very familiar), but the last machine I ran with a mach64 =
card was faster with the vesa driver than with the =E2=80=98accelerated=E2=
=80=99 driver (as I recall, it was a 500MHz Pentium III).  I suspect the =
real question is not whether people have machines that use these cards, =
but whether they do anything with them where they=E2=80=99d notice the =
lack of acceleration.

David