Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 22:59:37 -0700
From:      Rudy Gireyev <RGireyev@Bellind.com>
To:        "'Nate Williams'" <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        "'chat@freebsd.org'" <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Price of FreeBSD (was On Holy Wars...)

I am sorry Nate, but you have completely and entirely
missed the point. Yes, every operating system used for
development does get corrupted. Belive it or not I had
to do the same for OS/2 2.1 and 3.0. My comments
were directed at your treatment of Dennis upon his
original complaint. You were basically telling him
that the way he felt was wrong and that he should
feel the way you do, which I felt was absurd.
The way I see it is there are three levels of FreeBSD
users.
1. Recreational - Hack for pleasure
2. As Utility - Back up server, preferred platform, etc
3. Source of Livelihood - Whether I have bread on the table tomorrow
depends on FreeBSD

Based on your postings I believe you are in group 2
while Dennis is in group 3. There is no way you could
possibly know what it is feels like for him, thereby unless
you have a usable suggestion for Dennis I did not feel you
were even qualified to answer to him on how he is
supposed to feel.

Anyway, I realize that what I'm saying is mean and
obnoxious. But you being a no-bull kinda guy I thought
you would want to know when you stumbled into a
wrong territory. I'm sorry if I made a mistake.