Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 1999 14:48:58 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Thatcher Hubbard <hubbardj@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What can a newbie help out with?

On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 09:25:30PM -0600, Thatcher Hubbard wrote:
> I noticed somewhere on the FreeBSD.org site that people such as myself who
> aren't capable of contributing code can help out with documentation and the
> like.  It said I should send a message to this list to find out where I
> could help.  I'm pretty new to FreeBSD, but I have a fair amount of UNIX
> experience from 2 years of Linux use.  I alo make a fairly good copy editor
> due to a couple years of journalism school.  At any rate, I'd like to help
> the cause if I can, if someone could point me in the right direction I'd
> appreciate it.

I wrote a pile of random suggestions for someone else here a couple of
weeks ago. You could find it by searching the mail archives on the
FreeBSD web site.

All you need to do is think about what you'd like to see done, and do
it. Most of the people who do things haven't been a newbie for a long
time and forget what it's like. If you're new to FreeBSD your
perspective is rare and valuable. If you've also moved over from Linux
that's an even more valuable perspective. Just be sure to mention what
you'd like to do (freebsd-newbies is a safe place for starters) in case
anyone else is doing the same thing.

It's a bit different here because it's only newbies and mistakes are
quickly forgotten. Some of us get excited about the most whacky ideas,
toss them around a bit, and when most of it comes to nothing we still
find at least one tiny gem among it all. So start brainstorming :-)

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-