Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 2002 12:06:08 -0700
From:      "Devon Stark" <knightraven@attbi.com>
To:        <friar_josh@webwarrior.net>
Cc:        <FreeBSD-Hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IPDIVERT, having issues? [Moved to -questions]

Thanks for the idea, but sadly still didn't do the trick...
it seems that the problem is something to do with ipfw loading as a module
and not as a static lib...

divert seems to be enabled in the kernel (lessing the kernel binary looking
for the console message), and the module does not, (still reports that
divert is disabled) so what seems to be happening is that the kernel is
being overridden by the module at runtime, renaming the module prevents ipfw
from loading...

How can I force ipfw to build as a static lib in the kernel and not as a
module? or perhaps is there something else that I need to do?