Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:32:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org (Free BSD Multimedia List)
Subject:   What sound driver should I use?

	I have an HP Omnibook 100 that I had 3.4 STABLE happily working on. I
	have now installed 4.0 STABLE, and I find myself with some problems
	with my sound hardware. Speciifcly I can play CD"s, WAV files, and
	probably MIDI's (have not tried that yet).

	However I can't get say (the speech sytnh, program from the rsynth
	port) to produce any sound whatsover. It runs, and produces no errors,
	but alos no sound.

	Here is the config line i was suing in 3.4:

	device pcm0 at isa? port 0x52c tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x10 vector pcmint

	Here is what I replacesd it with:

	options PNPBIOS
	device pcm

	I also tried:

	device csa

	But it did not work for say either.

	Here is waht the hardware manual says about the hardware:

	16 bit SoundBlaster Pro Compatible
	SRS 3D Enhanced Audio
	South Bridge P114XE
	Crysal CS4237B with CS9236 Hardware Wavetable

	What driver should I be using? What flags should I be passing to it?

	Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems