Date:      Mon, 26 Oct 1998 04:11:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Can Altineller <altine@ee.fit.edu>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ipfw and httpd.

	Hello All;

	I started running httpd in my laptop, also I have a firewall; and
I figured a strange behaivor in ipfw. It has been acting differently than
my ex-desktop. forgive me all those who think this is not the correct list
to post this.

	in my rc.firewall I have

$fwcmd add pass tcp from any to ${ip} 80 setup

	just as I have for port 22, 23, which work fine. However; when I
telnet to myhost:80 from an external host; the myhost:80 does not respond
at all. I've tcpdumped such an interaction and figured out that it does
not syn back, other words, it does not connect at all. I've tried various
other commands such as: ipdw add pass tcp from myip 80 to any setup ; and
that does not seem to be working.

	any ideas, or help appreciated.

	-C@n