Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 1997 21:30:17 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        Joe Beiter <jwb@xioa.cosmic.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: keyboard locking w/X11

> I think this is a bug. Sorry if this isn't proper reporting procedure. Feel
> free to query if there are questions:
>
> Hardware: DELL Laptop XP90 32MB ram
> 2.2.1-RELEASE
> XFree86 3.2
>
> After running X11, the keyboard locks up. Must telnet in and reboot
> to clear it up. Seems to be related to the sco console. Compiled
> kernel with the pcvt console and problem went away. This problem did
> not appear until upgrading from 2.1.0 to 2.2.1

Can you try running "setcon" ?  The source is on www.freebsd.org/~brian.
All it does is switch virtual terminals, but with pre-release versions
of 2.2, it woke the keyboard up.

"setcon" is part of "vidcontrol" (-s option) in -current, but I never
put it into 2.2 because if the opposition I received at the time.

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>
      <http://www.awfulhak.demon.co.uk/>;