Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 1997 13:24:46 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@argus>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question about X.25 drivers

In reply:
> > may be..  but there are many many many hams around the world using
> > AX.25 for packet radio operation...  i see uses for such a driver
> > under FreeBSD...  The newest Linux kernels have recently realized the
> > numbers and have done such a driver...
>
> Well, OK.  So you're Mr. FreeBSD X.25 now? ;-)

I guess so :^)

I got burned out on building internet companies controlled by
short-sighted people with the intelligence of a garden slug...  Maybe
I'll change my mind on that if I can find some investors serious about
being #1, and get a nice share for the effort, but until then...

> Seriously, the biggest reason things "rot" in FreeBSD is that nobody
> is actively maintaining them.  If you want to take on X.25 both
> now and for the forseeable future, I see no problem with resurrecting
> it.

You got it..  er, I guess I got it :^)

My initial focus will be on AX.25, given that I have the facilities to
test the implimentation myself, as well as do a little bit of FreeBSD
public relations...

KC5VDJ>BEACON,R0MIR*: <UI>:FreeBSD r0X Da W3rLd!@#

[Watch for my beacon being relayed by a Space Station near you]  :^)

Muhahahahahahah!@#@#

Jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you   | "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid | briefed, debriefed, indexed, or