Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 1996 20:37:02 -0800
From:      Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh), kegrotla@korrnet.org, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM 57SLC

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996 11:25:10 -0700 (MST)
 Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org> wrote:

 > I have *some* code, mostly from Jeffrey Hsu and NetBSD, for the DEC
 > Alpha.  Jeffrey did the port of the NetBSD code, with CGD, to the
 > PPC platform.  I have FreeBSD's timer code, console code, interrupt
 > code, and a non-working VM ported over to the Alpha.  The loaner
 > machines Jeffrey and I had were recalled.  The port lives on mag
 > tape.

So, to correct what you just said:

	- Jeff Hsu did some NetBSD/alpha work; the initial AXPpci
	  support.

	- Wolfgang Solfrank is the author of NetBSD/powerpc.

 > I have an HP 300 (well, not strictly true; it's a 68040) that I bought
 > to hack on a port for the 680x0.  I have not done anything with it
 > because NetBSD will not load (it can't disklabel a SCSI disk).

Let's not be misleading.  There's a bug in the standalone program that
writes miniroots to disk.  NetBSD/hp300 can disklabel SCSI disks.  You
do have other options for installing NetBSD on your hp300, like network
booting.