Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 2001 01:19:22 -0500
From:      "Dave VanAuken" <dave@hawk-systems.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Jail revisited

okay, jail is up, running, and functional thanks to the assistance
found here.

still playing around with some aspects. for example:

Problem 1:  Wish to give jail owner the ability to install ports (or
try to) as they see fit, essentially to configure the virtual machine.
I do not want to make duplicate copies of the entire ports directory
but from what I can delve from the documentation, jail will not allow
a link to the ports directory (outside the jail, and thus for obvious
reasons).

simple solution would be to provide ftp access on the host machine to
the directory containing the ports...  if there a more eloquent
solution?

Problem 2:  Still cannot telnet locally into the jail from the host
machine...  any other machine on the etwork, no problem, but not the
host machine... not can I telnet from within the jail to the host
machine...  which would affect any ftp solution for problem 1.

Tom S. reported that this was an existing issue and a route to local
host needed to be set up... hints anyone?

Dave