Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:46:04 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        digitech@mmadb.no
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Asuscom isdn card :(

>From the keyboard of Jon Lech Johansen:

> I get this during bootup:
> i4b-L1-isic_isac_exir_hdlr: EXIRQ Rx Frame Overflow
>
> and here are some other errors from /var/log/messages,
> which appear every now and then:
> Feb 15 17:10:08 router /kernel: i4b-L1-isic_isac_irq: unit 0: CRC error
> Feb 15 17:10:08 router /kernel: i4b-L1-isic_isac_irq: unit 0: Receive Aborted error
> Feb 15 17:10:09 router /kernel: i4b-L1-timer4_expired: state = F3 Deactivated

This does in fact not look good.

> but what I find really really strange, is that when isdntrace reports all
> activeties correctly, and isdnd (in fullscreen mode) reports incoming calls
> (which isdntrace also does), you'd expect that the driver was working
> correctly, right. At least, I would.

Its not that strange. Its quite a complex piece of software.

> I've also been trying to connect to my isp (without luck):

The very first thing (which is also the most easiest one) you should do, is
to get the answering machine up and running instead of PPP (which is the
most hardest one).

And it would be helpful if you would insert newlines every 75 charcters :-)

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77