Date:      Tue, 02 Jun 1998 19:05:30 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ddp_route error

Julian Elischer writes:
> Abdellah Djebli wrote:
> > We have a box running FreeBSD 2.2.5-STABLE.
> > It is running fine, except that we have this error:
> > /kernel: ddp_route: still have no valid route.
> > We could not find the source for this error.
> > Do you have any idea where this is coming from.
>
> I presume, since you have it running that you applied the  2.2.5
> ERRATA patches..
>
> basically the routing in appletalk can be quite complicated.
> there is a case where an outgoing packet discovers that it's route
> to a destination is wrong, and invalidates it.
> then it tries to find a replacement, and if it can't, that message is
> produced..
> however appletalk is quite robust, and I don't think you will see any
> failures because of it.

As I mentioned in an earlier post all my systems with "options
NETATALK" bellyached about ddp_route when booting. Only quieted after
afpd & family got started and inialized somethink in the kernel.

I keep fairly current in -stable. Was only this week that I first built
a 2.2.6 kernel that didn't complain about ddp_route when it booted.
Only booted once so I don't know if its a fluke.