Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 1996 22:57:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Destroy Lotus_Mail_Exchange@CSERVE4.CCMAIL.compuserve.com

> I realize that replacing sendmail and hanging your machine with
> ScrollLock is all very interesting, but is anyone looking at getting rid
> of these annoying messages from
> Lotus_Mail_Exchange@CSERVE4.CCMAIL.compuserve.com?

In general the author of Lotus Mail Exchange, and the Postmaster at
Compuserve both deserve to get mail bombed with documentation indicating
that it is not proper to parse the text of a message to derive an
address to return errors to (that is the function of the envelope).

Since most DOS weenie programmers writing these things are too small
minded to read AND understand the documentation, though...

I remember the battle I had with a lady who insisted that she used
some other address for administrative matters, and that I was out of
my mind when I insisted that she needed to have a "Postmaster" address.

People like these should have their Internet connectivity revoked until
they display a minimal level of cluefulness.

<sigh>

... JG