Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 08:58:50 -0400
From:      sbabkin@dcn.att.com
To:        brett@lariat.org, mike@smith.net.au, dshanes@personalogic.com, grog@lemis.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Fw: Your Article "Freeware: The Heart & Soul of the Internet"

> ----------
> From: 	Greg Lehey[SMTP:grog@lemis.com]
>
> They publish books.  Just because they publish books doesn't mean that
> they can't also publish books on BSD.  In fact, O'Reilly Germany *are*
> planning a BSD book, but I haven't seen much about it for a while.
> The closest I could find to a real concern was that their 4.4BSD
> manual set didn't sell nearly as well as they had expected.

And, for example, I can explain why *I* did not bought them.
Because they are just printouts of man pages, partially obsolete.
I already have them in FreeBSD, for free. Why would I pay lots
of money to buy the same but worse ? What would I like to
buy is the manual that will describe how to use this and that
and why is it implemented in that way and not another.

Serge