Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:07:09 -0400
From:      Victor Farah <victor@netmediaservices.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   GCC help

Hello
	I'm trying to install ffmpeg and I'm getting this message:
"Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been miscompiled
and may be very slow or crash. This is not a bug in libavcodec,
but in the compiler. You may try recompiling using gcc >= 4.2."

Now gcc -v gives me:
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.6 [FreeBSD] 20060305

I was wondering how I would update gcc to version 4.2?
I'm not sure I can just do a portupgrade gcc ??
I'm relatively new to freebsd any help would be appreciated! :)