Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 1996 14:35:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        ac <ac@asiapac.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SNMP for FreeBSD 2.x

On Sun, 16 Jun 1996, ac wrote:

> hai, i'm new to FreeBSD world an looking allover the place for the
> SNMP--for freebsd.  I would be very happy for your help.

	There is a package out of University of California @ Davis
that works with some...tweaking.  The diffs below have been submitted
for the next release, and one of these days, I'll learn how to make it
into a port and submit it...maybe even today...but for now, get
these and you should be fine...

To get the base distribution:

	ftp.ece.ucdavis.edu:/pub/snmp/ucd-snmp.tar.gz

Patch file:

	ftp.ki.net:/pub/users/scrappy/ucd-snmp.3.1-diffs.gz

NOTE: these patches have been submitted to the developer, and he has
      stated that they should be incorporated into  the next official
      releaes.

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org