Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 1999 16:16:22 +0200
From:      Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VESA module doesn't work with ATI Mach64 RagePro

Mike Smith wrote (1999/08/11):
> > Yes, thanks. Information reported by 0x4F01 function about any video
> > mode has set MODE_NON_VGA attribute indeed. And now I have found DOS TSR
> > program for VESA support...
>
> Bleagh.  Have you tried ignoring that attribute in our code and seeing
> what happens when you select one?

Yes - in vesa.c(681-683):
From
	if ((vmode.v_modeattr & (V_MODEOPTINFO | V_MODENONVGA))
	    != (V_MODEOPTINFO))
		continue;
	if ((vmode.v_modeattr & (V_MODEOPTINFO))
	    != (V_MODEOPTINFO))
		continue;

After this change, splash_pcx with picture 640x480x8 blanks screen and
OSD on monitor says "ATTN. NO SIGNAL.: CHECK INPUT SIGNAL CONNECTION
OR POWER SAVE MODE HAS BEEN ENABLED". From this time displaying is
dead and vidcontrol (ssh root@host "/usr/sbin/vidcontrol 80x25 < /dev/ttyv0")
doesn't help, only reboot is helpful...

--
Rudolf Cejka   (cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz;  http://www.fee.vutbr.cz/~cejkar)
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of El. Engineering and Comp. Science