Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 2017 15:54:39 -0800
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network problems at FreeBSD.org?

<freebsd-questions@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> Now I am getting this message:
>=20
>                  The mail system
>=20
> <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>: host mx1.freebsd.org[8.8.178.115]
> said: 450
>   4.7.25 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname,
> [216.185.71.28] (in
>   reply to RCPT TO command)
>=20
>=20
>=20
> This also started to show up yesterday. Is there something going on
> with DNS somewhere?

I have been getting that sporadically for a few weeks now.  freebsd.org =
is the only mail server that I send to that has the issue.  Some things =
I found on Google indicated it was caused by either an incorrect RDNS =
entry or  SPF entry.  I have no effective control over the RDNS and =
correcting the SPF entry had no effect.

=E2=80=94 Doug