Date:      Mon, 3 Aug 1998 12:19:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ashley Streb <ashley@cloud9.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   restore error on quota file systems

I am having a problem using restore under FreeBSD 2.2.6-Release.  The problem
only exists on two disk partitions, both of which have quota turned on.
Any other disk partition I can restore with no problem.  Specifically, when
I try to restore from tape using "restore ivbf 2 -" I get a bus error....

Verify tape and initialize maps
Dump   date: Sat Jul 11 02:20:12 1998
Dumped from: Fri Jul 10 02:16:46 1998
Level 1 dump of /home/users on earl-grey.cloud9.net:/dev/sd1s1e
Label: none
Bus error

Additonally, for AMANDA users out there, the following error is generated:
Level 1 dump of /home/users on earl-grey.cloud9.net:/dev/sd1s1e
Label: none
Error 32 (Broken pipe) offset 65536+32768, wrote -272640132
amrestore: pipe reader has quit in middle of file.
amrestore: skipping ahead to start of next file, please wait...
Bus error

I have searched the mail archives and can't find any reference to this
problem. Does anybody have any ideas/run into a similiar problem?

-Ashley