Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 1996 11:03:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        black@MR.Net (Ben Black)
Cc:        black@MR.Net, kline@tera.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LFS anyone?

According to Ben Black:
> There is plenty of documentation about LFS in the PhD thesis of it's author.
> She implemented it for 4.4BSD.  I was more concerned with practical issues of
> code stability and initializing an LFS partition.

	Pointers? Names, paths, sites?

	I'm concerned with the stability of my system!  I do regular
	backups and have recently been doing regular fsck's since my
	console has been freezing at seemingly random moments.  But
	it would be reassuring to know that my filesystem data were
	secure.

	fsck is not bulletproof... at least not on SVR4.

	gary