Date:      Fri, 9 May 1997 17:23:16 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Betteye Bolden <bbolden@tir.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What are we writing about

On Fri, 9 May 1997, Betteye Bolden wrote:

> I fail to understand if the service you are providing is software,
> or Access to the iternet.  I am not very computer literate.  Could
> you please get to the bottem line so that I may understand the service
> which you provide.
>
> What are the rates?
> What is the fee for software?
> Is thier a charge for hits?

FreeBSD is an operating system. This is a piece of computer software that
provides the essentials of modern computing. FreeBSD is a UNIX clone
operating system, meaning that it bears great resemblance to the UNIX
operating system written originally at AT&T Bell Labs.

FreeBSD is *free*. The only thing it will cost you is the cost of your
internet connection over which you download it. It is also available on
CD-ROM for a fee from Walnut Creek CDROMs (http://www.cdrom.com).

You are encouraged to look around http://www.freebsd.org for more details.

> you can see from my questions, that I at present am at a loss.
>
> Please clear up what service you provide.
>
> Respectfully submitted
>
> bb

Nadav