Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 20:43:45 +0930
From:      Mike Gratton <mike@vee.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   "wi0: watchdog timout" on 4.4-R

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting a Elan <http://www.pccard.co.uk/>; PCI to
PCMCIA adapter working with a Lucent WaveLAN card on a stock, desktop
installation of 4.4-R.

Initially, it wouldn't recognise the card at all, with pccardd giving a:

pccardd: No card in database for ""("")

Then, after following Elan's suggestions for Linux; I disabled ISA IRQs
and made sure it was doing interrupt polling, I also recompiled the
kernel without any isa config for the pcic driver:

hw.pcic.intr_routing=2
hw.pcic.irq=0

device card
device pcic0
device pcic1

And a combination of the above appeared to get the card recognised by
pccardd after I insert it. Now, I'm getting the following logged after
inserting the card:

wi0: watchdog timeout

Everything else looks like it is configured okay. Ifconfig reports wi0
is attached correctly, the ssid is set, ip address assigned, everything
looks good, but it just doesn't work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike.