Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 2000 11:05:25 +0200
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[4]: Two new non-US CD distributions of FreeBSD spotted

> Well, it's also my hope that we'll be able to work with Lehmanns in
> the future to close the gap since neither extreme is really what the
> customers want.  You would, I think, most ideally want a timely
> product without oversea shipping charges at all, right?  I'm going

Yes. We wouldn't mind the oversea charges so much but DHL always
requires us to pay 25 SFr. for their handling as well what we consider to be
just annoying regarding the fact that we already paid 24$ for shipping
and handling.

> to do my best to make that happen, and now that we actually have a VP
> of European operations (based in the UK), I certainly hope that a lot
> more progress will be made on this issue.

Ok. That would be nice. OTOH, the next time we aren't in as great
hurry as we was when we needed the 4.0 cds as it's now possibe to just
keep up with CVSup. The CDs are now just some kind of convenience
stuff saving us from CVSupping half the release *g*.

Best regards,
 Gabriel