Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 2021 21:20:09 +0200
From:      Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
To:        Stefan Parvu <sparvu@kronometrix.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any good alternative to Raspberry for Arm64?

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 22:12:47 +0300
Stefan Parvu <sparvu@kronometrix.org> wrote:

>=20
> > `have otherRK3399 with M.2-slot(Rock960(no more available on the market=
) while direct nvme -connection-support by=20
> > u-boot&FreeBSD is quite complicate , to say  it kindly( Rock960 boots f=
rom nvme but hangs @ mountroot> (nvme, nda, nvd seem to have problems) . By=
 the way, I doubt that RK3399 is faster than RPI4(tested by build world).
> > powerd doesn?t scale correctly with RK3399 to 1800 for the big of big.L=
ITTLE , so it?s to set manually?..
ngle_Boards <https://wiki.freebsd.org/arm64#Single_Boards>;
>=20
> I agree part with Ian, RBPI is a mixed bag. Many things are not working (=
Wifi, BLE) but for our product RBPI 3B/3B+ has been working without a probl=
em outdoor and indoors.
>=20
> Is there any hope to see Wifi / BLE working on this board RBPI 3B/4B ?
>=20
> Are there any other SBC supported by FreeBSD 13/CURRENT ?

 A lot, you can consider any Allwinner H5/A64 and RockChip
RK3328/RK3399 as supported. Some even have some dedicated image.

> Are there any other ARM64 industrial boards (1/2/4GB RAM, RTC, -40C - 80C=
) supported by FreeBSD ?

 You might want to look at IMX8 boards. Allwinner, RockChip and RPI
aren't made for industrial grade.

> Is NetBSD a better choice than FreeBSD for ARM64 SBC ?=20

 Better choice for what ?