Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 1996 22:11:28 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fdocs@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Modifications to FAQ

I'm currently working on a rewrite of the FAQ, with a view to
re-structuring it and adding a lot more questions (and answers!).
However, I've also done some cleaning-up on the existing FAQ:-

* Ruthlessly condense questions so they fit on a single line (the
  TOC is now actually readable in lynx!). In one or two cases, this
  has meant splitting up questions or incorporating part of the old
  question into the answer.

* Make it clear that the question about disklabel'ing is actually
  about adding a second hard disk, provide a _much_ simpler answer and
  move it out of the installation section.

* Don't imply that the AHA2920 is supported (I suspect we will get a
  lot of queries about this)

* Reword the non-serious questions to hint that the answer may not be
  particularly informative...

* Correct typos and grammar, tone down US colloquialisms :-)

and many more. By the time you receive this, I should have a copy on
http://www.freebsd.org/~jraynard/faq/freebsd-faq.html

As always, comments and corrections are more than welcome. I'm hoping
there might be time to squeeze this into 2.1.5, so let me know
straight away if you spot any mistakes!

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk