Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:21:03 -0500
From:      Bob Johnson <bobj89@bobj.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Psion Gold Card modem on Inspiron 7500

On Monday 18 November 2002 10:52 pm, Bob Johnson wrote:
> The short form of my question is "how do I configure FreeBSD 4.7 stable
> from a few days ago so my Psion Gold Card modem will once again work with
> my Inspiron 7500?"  It's a common enough combination that I expect someone
> will have it already.

For the record, everything is working happily now.  I returned to the
default settings that didn't work two weeks ago, and now they work.  In
the kernel config:

device          pcic0   at isa? irq 0 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
device          pcic1   at isa? irq 0 port 0x3e2 iomem 0xd4000 disable
options         PCIC_RESUME_RESET       # reset pccards after resume
device          card

and everything works with PCI interrupt routing.  I knew it would turn out
that someone had already solved the problem ;-)

I still don't know why it wasn't working.  Clearly something was
misconfigured, but I'm not sure what.  I did end up wiping the entire
source tree and starting over because I couldn't install world at one
point, so I suspect something was out of sync.

- Bob