Date:      Mon, 08 Jan 1996 22:41:21 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        phk@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Syncing CTM and SNAPS?

Hey Poul-H,

You know those big `base deltas' you make for CTM?  The ones that
serve as a jumping-off point for all the updates that follow?

Well, all this talk of a 2.2 SNAP has me thinking..  Why not try to
sync the SNAP dates with whatever mechanism you have for generating
base deltas, so that on the day a SNAP is produced you also have a
base you can grab over FTP (e.g. don't even bother installing the
source distribution) and jump straight into -current.

I don't intend to do 2.2 SNAPS very often, mind you, but it seems that
when I do, we should try to maximize their benefit to the hacker
community!

What do you think?

					Jordan