Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:28:32 +0200
From:      Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <mekanix@privat.dk>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: spontaneous crashes with STABLE

On Friday 19 October 2001 01:08, Bill Moran wrote:

> The problem here appears to be that you're not in the right directory to
> find kernel.debug, or that kernel.debug doesn't exist.  Without it, gdb

Found out I needed to build the kernel "the old way" ;)

Now I get this:

(kgdb) symbol-file kernel.debug
Reading symbols from kernel.debug...done.
(kgdb) exec-file /var/crash/kernel.0
(kgdb) core-file /var/crash/vmcore.0
IdlePTD 5177615
initial pcb at 4232a0
panic messages:
---
dmesg: kvm_read: invalid address (c041b600)
---
#0  0x0 in ?? ()

Now, where do I go from here? What does error-message mean? Do I need to do
more examining?

Bjarne