Date:      Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:41:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DVD filesystems

DVDs should according to the DVD consortium contain a UDF filesystem,
which we do not support, however tthey are also supposed to contian foran
"interim period" a secondary 'intermiaxed' ISO9660 filesystem on teh
medium. (Both sets of metadata should point to the same
data blocks...)

I started to write a UDF filesystem last year but things changed=20
priority-wise and I never got past the debugging tools,.
"One of these days"

"just a huge 9660 filesystem" is probably good enough for most people...
Especially since we can't read a UDF filesystem..=20
(and neither can old windows systems)

julian