Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 09:32:23 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        andrewr  <andrewr@slack.net>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>, "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Security How-To (Was: QPopper exploit)

> > >I heard there was a free Windows ssh client these days -- I haven't used
> > >it as (oops) I don't run any Microsoft operating systems :).
> >
> > Anyone know where to get it?
>
> For a 30 day trial copy, go to www.datafellows.com and hed to their
> download section. You can get a m$ copy of ssh client there.

We bought a half dozen of these, and all I can say is they're buggier
than snot.  Compression doesn't work if turned on, it hogs all the CPU
on the machine (but does nothing) much of the time, and crashes the box
occasionally.

Their M$ product is *NOT* recommended.  (Although they're unix client is
just a regular SSH client with some additional patches...)

Nate