Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:28:41 -0400
From:      Bill Vermillion <bv@wjv.com>
To:        John Brooks <john@day-light.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Console dead

Knocking over a stack of dishes on the heat sink John Brooks
wondered out loud about:

> I did a cvsup update, then a buildworld from 4.9 to 4.10
> on a remote box. Now the console keyboard is unresponsive
> after completing the boot sequences. Early in the boot
> sequence the keyboard functions normally. The box can be
> accessed via ssh. Anybody come across this behavior before?

I've seen this in the far past - back in the 2.x or early 3.x days.

I don't remember the exact flag I used but it was one of
the options you will find in LINT under the area
labeled # options of atkbd.

The BIOS on one of the machine I had then did not detect a keyboard
and thus set the keyboard to the serial port, but I haven't used
this option for about 5 years.

Bill
--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com