Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 2010 12:34:06 +0200
From:      David DEMELIER <demelier.david@gmail.com>
To:        Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, "geoffrey.ferrari" <geoffrey.ferrari@me.com>
Subject:   Re: Black Display after suspend/resume on Thinkpad X201 with 8.1/amd64

2010/8/16 David DEMELIER <demelier.david@gmail.com>:
> 2010/8/8 Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>:
>> On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 02:30:13 -0700 (PDT)
>> "geoffrey.ferrari" <geoffrey.ferrari@me.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The current situation is that the machine will su=EF=BB=BFspend using
>>> acpiconf -s 3 and it will also resume. The problem is that the LCD
>>> display does not resume correctly after suspend - instead it just
>>> stays black. I've been randomly tweaking various things, and get
>>> slightly different results. Sometimes the display stays black in the
>>> sense the display is still completely switched off. Othertimes, I
>>> think the display switches on, but nothing is displayed, so that the
>>> display is on but showing nothing except a black background. However,
>>> I can still type blind and e.g. shutdown/restart the machine.
>>
>> I'm having the same problem with a Dell XPS M1530 and 9-CURRENT - the
>> display refuses to switch on after resuming. I've tried
>> hw.acpi.reset_video, switching consoles using vidcontrol and using the
>> acpi_video module: setting the reset_video sysctl causes the machine to
>> reboot during resume, and toggling hw.acpi.video.crt1.active just
>> produces a beep with no change in the LCD status (it works before
>> suspend).
>>
>> http://blog.higherthings.org/borghardt/article/3077.html suggests that
>> on a different XPS machine with Linux the VESA BIOS Extensions shouldn't
>> be saved/restored - is there a way to try disabling that on FreeBSD?
>>
>> --
>> Bruce Cran
>>

> Hey,
>
> It seems that -CURRENT make my laptop suspend/resume correctly. Before
> when I was resuming, I canno't do anything even shutdown didn't work
> (probably panic) here it seems that the screen still stays black but I
> can shutdown, probably it will works soon :-)
>
> --
> Demelier David

I enabled device dpms, and vesa stuff in the -CURRENT GENERIC kernel
config but for the moment it resumes well (even the screen!) but take
a look at the graphic output :

http://files.malikania.fr/Photo0176.jpg

This is X after resuming. Maybe the graphic card `cache|buffer' should
be cleaned.

Suspend and resuming works on my laptop now !

--=20
Demelier David