Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 1996 11:10:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Martin Loeffler <martin.loeffler@utoronto.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, Martin Loeffler wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance, but can someone clue me in on how to install the crypt
> libraries for FreeBSD v2.1 so that I can compile qpopper v2.2?

I'm assuming you need the DES libraries, and you didin't install them
when you initially installed the system.

Being that you're in Toronto, I think you'll have to get the
international DES lbraries at ftp.internat.freebsd.org.  (?)  Then just
'cat des.* | tar xzf -' to expand them.

Note that if you are on 2.1-R or lower, you'll hose your passwords.

Is thait what you needed?