Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 1997 14:18:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      rohit@cs.umd.edu (Rohit Dube)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        rohit@cs.umd.edu
Subject:   Ethernet-like interface statistics and ioctl/sysctl

Hi,

I was wondering if any version of FreeBSD had an ioctl or
sysctl interface for collecting the dot3* statistics from ethernet
drivers (allingnment errors, collisions etc).

I am looking 2.2 code and man pages. The 'de' drivers seems to maintain
the correct (RFC 1573) statistics, but I can't find an interface which
export these to user land in the man pages or in the code.

Anybody care to comment on the current or coming support? Or if it
already exists, how to access it (ie the ioctl or the sysctl parameters
or pointers to docs or code.)

Thanks in advance.

--rohit.

PS: I saw a message in the archives posing a similar question on Jan 4, 1997
    but no answers.