Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:00:44 -0400
From:      Sahil Tandon <sahil@tandon.net>
To:        Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists_nada@tx.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD for webserver?

Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com> wrote:

[...]

> Compiling from source rather than ports gains you nothing, in most cases,
> and can cost you a great deal of extra time if you run into problems. Time
> is something most admins I know have precious little of already.

Relax.  Google "joke" and "jest".  But let's be clear.  You *are* compiling
from source when you *build* from ports.  You just have some
guidance via the ports infrastructure. :)  YMMV.  TMTOWDI.  There are
exceptions.  Et cetera.  No need to justify your methods to the list; just do
what works for you.

[...]

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil@tandon.net>