Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 1996 21:33:46 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone have any MPEG encoders available?

> Which is why when I found the stuff a couple years back I tried to push it re
al
> hard, but for whever reason it doesnt seem to have taken off :( :(

Perhaps people were seduced by the lure of Level III  :-)

In any case, yes, I can recommend this encoder/decoder highly - it
really needs to be a port and live under /usr/ports/audio so that
people might find it more easily..  Hint hint.. :-)

> 1&2 for video/audio compression, and will play back normal mpegaudio encoded
> streams just peachy.  So there is hope for the format!  Down with aiff/au/wav
!

With these compression ratios, I can hardly argue!  I could put my entire
CD collection into 30GB of disk space! :-)

						Jordan