Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 2015 07:36:42 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg: Cannot solve job using SAT solver

--6NQEXaLd1Xr0ahClDbLOkbVGfSej47bmC

On 13/07/2015 05:01, Christopher Hilton wrote:
> On the poudriere server I notice that I now have two perl binaries:
> perl5-5.20.x_y and perl5-5.18.x_y Is the issue here that I have two
> perl5 packages in the repo index. Will rebuilding the repo from
> scratch fix this?

The default version of perl switched from 5.18 to 5.20 some time ago...
However, you shouldn't end up with mixed dependencies in your repo --
poudriere is pretty careful about rebuilding any package where there's a
change in its dependency tree.  That's independent of being able to
build several different versions of perl itself -- but only one of those
should be what anything else in the repo depends on.

Doing a full rebuild shouldn't be necessary but it might give you peace
of mind.

The situation you describe more frequently occurs if you have configured
more than one repository, and those have different default versions of
perl.   Use 'pkg -vv' to see a summary of your repo configuration.
Remember that all released versions of FreeBSD come with the default
FreeBSD repos automatically configured nowadays.  You can turn the
default repo off by creating /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf with
the contents:

FreeBSD: { enabled: no }

	Cheers,

	Matthew