Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 1996 08:14:28 -0500
From:      Lotus_Mail_Exchange@CSERVE4.CCMAIL.compuserve.com
To:        "INTERNET:hackers@freefall.freebsd.org" <hackers@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   NON-DELIVERY of:  hackers-digest V1 #1667

Sender: owner-hackers-digest@freefall.freebsd.org
From: <owner-hackers-digest@freefall.freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 17:29:03 -0800 (PST)
To: freebsd-hackers-digest@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   hackers-digest V1 #1667

hackers-digest           Thursday, 21 November 1996     Volume 01 : Number 1667

In this issue:
Re: the way things are going (Was: Who needs Perl?)
WCARCHIVE DOWN AGAIN.
Re: Who needs Perl? We do!
Re: panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc
Re: New mailing list - CVS-Alert???
Re: Who needs Perl? We do!
Re: Who needs Perl? We do!
Re: Who needs Perl? We do!
Re: Who needs Perl? We do!
Re: Who needs Perl? We do!
Re: Who needs Perl? We do!
Re: Disk Striping
Re: Who needs Perl?  We do!
Re: Who needs Perl? We do!
Re: Who needs Perl? We do!

From: J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 00:23:57 +0100 (MET)
Subject: Re: the way things are going (Was: Who needs Perl?)

As Nate Williams wrote:

[Excellent explanation deleted, i fully agree with Nate here.]

> That's how things work around here.  You don't get 'blessings' or
> 'permission' to do something, you do it and then find an advocate to run
> with it.  After the advocate is happy with your work (or too overloaded
> to do it himself), you become a committer and then are one of the
> 'blessed/cursed' who are responsible for the whole darn mess.

Well, but you forgot: that's exactly the point where the real work
begins... ;-)

- --
cheers, J"org