Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 1996 16:12:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
Cc:        doug@sun1paztcn.wr.usgs.gov, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Let's hack on the Handbook! ..my ideas...

On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Sean Kelly wrote:

> The handbook is over 300 printed pages now (right?) and maybe it would
> be a good idea to split it up ... after all, we're certainly not
> *removing* any material, are we?

Make that over *400* pages as of this morning.  :-)

I agree that a split is in order, but it isn't practical to actually
do it until we banish the linuxdoc DTD and get moved over to Docbook.
Frankly, linuxdoc isn't much good for anything larger than a single
HOWTO.  I didn't even have a <part> tag until I hacked on it a bit.

-john

== http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ================