Date:      Fri, 9 May 1997 10:12:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        un_x@anchorage.net (Steve Howe)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD K5 Chip(Does it work with FreeBSD)

> i wonder what going to happen with Intel moving off in
> a proprietary direction (from what i hear ...)

Snort Chuckle Gasp.  What a sense of humor!  Intel "moving off in a
proprietary direction" -- as if they've ever made anything that wasn't
proprietary before!  ;^)

I doubt Cyrix, AMD, et al will have any problems stealing^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h
reverse engineering anything new Intel comes up with.

I have FreeBSD running on several K5s around here, from 75 to 133 "PR."
I'll be trying the 166 soon.  FreeBSD runs wonderfully on the K5 -- more
bang for the buck *always* works for me.  ;^)