Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 2001 17:39:41 -0800
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
Cc:        dan@langille.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: laptops - perhaps DELL

David Scheidt wrote:

> :
> :I have 3 Dell Inspiron8000's at work, they were brought
> :in for a particular Linux app. I have been unable to get
> :X installed on the I-8000. I have tried every monitor
> :choice on the list for Dell. We then bought a Acer 739
>
> You're doing something wrong then.  A cow-orker is running RedHat 7 on
> a Dell Inspiron 8000, with no problems.  Shall I ask how he's got X
> configured for you?
>
> David
I'd be interested to know what he picked on the screen
where you have to pick a monitor. That is where I had
the problem. I tried every Dell monitor listed, plus
all the custom monitors, and none would work. Though it's
probably a moot point now, as we are returning the Dell's
and are buying Acer, have bought 4 this week, and about
10 more in a month or so.
--
Chip Wiegand
Alternative Operating Systems