Date:      Sun, 3 May 1998 23:18:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>, "Kenneth P. Stox" <ken@stox.sa.enteract.com>, Chris Swinford <cdswin0@pop.uky.edu>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Slogan

Ouch! I just sprained my brains! A conversation, world wide, with
jokes in LATIN! ;-)

Seriously, (really) the slogan, handle, or whatever should remain:

 Powerd by FreeBSD

It is a simple clean statement. It also has the advantage of eliciting
questions, pulling the reader in, rather than making a statement that
chalenges. I don't think throwing a gauntlet down is what you want to
do.

Having someone ask you, "What is powered?" "How powerful is it?"
is a good first step. Someone has posted something about this on
bumper stickers (sorry but I don't remember who), and I would put
one on _my_ car. I think it would cause people to ask me what it
means.