Date:      Sun, 04 Jan 1998 15:11:23 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Java Apps?

Well, you have a very good point and I did a simple test run over here
with my win95 box. Went thru the tutorial using Java Workshop and then
just copy over the calculator example -- naturally it did not run the
first time on my FreeBSD system mostly because I had to bring over the
Java Workshop's virtual runtime classes .

At this point , I am leaning more  towards using Win95 to develop Java
applications provided of course that I can still use the
applications  on FreeBSD. The problem with this approach is that
Java development environments are kind of Win95 centric :(

The reason for my preferance for  Java GUI builders on FreeBSD is that
is nice to use X and virtual consoles .

	Cheers,
	Amancio